She... and I



I...
wrote a poem...
about how the Sun set on her lips...
coloring them the perfect shade of love, making them... irresistably kissable,
like... kissing a candle and having your heart suddenly burst into flames...

She...
acts as if my heart did not step sideways in my chest upon meeting her...
redirecting love's journey in... Her direction,
as if any conversation held with Her... could cover any subject other than...
Her...
effect upon the UnIverse.

I...
wrote a poem...
about Her...
read it at the foot of a mountain, where witnesses swear the mountain moved closer,
to hear me speak about my love for Her, but...
SHE... remained distant

Do U love music?
Do U know me?
then U know why I... describe Her... as 'love's finest instrument'... waiting to be loved... to be learned... to be played.
I… long to lay hands upon her and… coax her soul's music to the surface.

She...
is the 4 bars of perfect music used to compose the song of the UnIverse!
the song sung by every bird and whispered on every wind!
Simply put...
LOVE... is too weak to describe my experience of Her, but it will have to do... until the day we make love turns into forever... and the Creator reveals love's true name.

She...
is pulling the Sun and Moon out of my sky and replacing them with her BEing...
becoming the measure of my day and night, but never spending any time... my days and nights have no value, become endlessly lonely without...
Her!

She...
is a summer storm raining pearls from one hundred cloudless skies, filled with one hundred suns and... one hundred moons.
a ray of light in every single drop... upon every spot Her essence falls... we should build temples... to worship... every woman ever born in HER image.

I...
write poems to... celebrate Her signs, but...
these celebrations will not suffice, unless you know the... inner workings...
the path of this poem... the movement of breath and the soul's sacrifice.

I...
am the sound of a flute... the song of a guitar.
the song may come from me, but...
it is the delicate touch of her spirit as She... caresses the body of my thoughts,
breathes life into my soul and... sounds my love into BEing!

heart beats, and... dawns break as  She... makes me...
poetry and… music!

She…
is the embodiment of the Creator’s grace and.. beauty,
I…
am the song She sang into a soul to record’s Love’s divinity.

I…
write poems because…

She…
is, in substance, pure beauty but cannot remember what she looks like,
my response to her amnesia…

"borrow my eyes Beloved... their view is always of you"

I…
write poems because…
my words are mirrors I hold up to my love, so that She can remember...

Me!



Creative Commons License
frOM mY aSHEs... a pOeT? by Olusanya Bey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

the I.R.S., kneegrows,and... 10 40's