if you love someone...

I was at a family reunion the first time I heard the term "hard-head" as a general reference for men, didn't quite understand it at the time. Unfortunately today I understand the term fully, because I have lived it repeatedly, often hurting those very dear to me in the process.
No wonder Masons seek to subdue their passions... a passionate man can be a danger to himself and others.
Someone told me that they are glad to see a man who gets it and can write about it. Too bad I only seem to get it... after the fact.



her smile is the most beautiful poem i have ever read,
her souls music is silent, yet...
it's harmonies sound throughout my BEing
how foolish was i not to realize that... love can only be fulfilled...
when we do not trap it with our emotional needs.
see... love comes to bring pleasure, but...
desire comes to create pressure and...
i thought i was stronger than this, but my...
fear of losing love... or... of love dying...
gave birth to possession...
i tried to hold her too tightly, like...
my grip would make a diamond, instead...
like... water in a fist...
she naturally escaped my emotional web and i...
remain thirsty and... lonely.
even the strongest of fathers must remember...
love... is always gentle, love...
is a mother.







Creative Commons License
frOM mY aSHEs... a pOeT? by Olusanya Bey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

the I.R.S., kneegrows,and... 10 40's

why I sMILe...