in her... eyes

i have a couple more anti-slam pieces to share, but first... let me take a moment to look into her eyes. there's poetry in the eyes of everyone... especially a beautiful woman who is open to the spirit of the god'us within her.

[photograph courtesy of Denise Harris]

she...
didn't believe me when i told her...
i saw a poem in her eyes...
that upon the opening of their two... lids...
i see a... sun and a... moon rise...
or... how her lovely eye... lashes are...
long... soft... gossamer ties that...
bind my... soul and mind to her... "being"...
causing hold and cold... flashes.
flashes of... love's light... temporarily freeing...
thousands of... lovelorn butterflies...
from emotional cocoons.
moved by the presence of her... spirit..
she is one who gives measure... to my... soul swoons.
she blinks... my stomach flutters...
i feel my heart... quiver.
her eyes open my... body temperature rises...
they close.. my soul shivers.
are u surprised by this?
by the simple fact that...
with each blink of her eyes...
my souls feels as if it has been... kissed...
by the... ONE MOST HIGH.
still... it is... not within my nature to lie...
i must admit... i am somewhat confused.
how does a woman... i barely... know...
become my muse?
am i just... greedy... for inspiration...
or is this the sign of a...
soul that is... needy...
searching in... desperation for it's... completion?
in the heavens of my... heart...
is she truly my... sun and moon...
or am i just reaching?
reaching for a star that... is beyond my... grasp...
waiting for this woman to... breathe out...
so that i... may breathe in... still...
short of breath... every time i see her i... gasp!
see my... spirit needs resuscitation.
some yin... to become the foundation for my...
yangs dimensional formation.
the eyes... are truly the... windows of the soul...
hers remind me that... without someone to... share it with...
my life... even though complete in itself...
just doesn't seem... whole.
so i'm... looking thru her windows...
the lights are on... i wonder... is there anyone home?
if i knock... will the door to her heart...
open for me?
when she hears these... soulful words of... poetry...
will she see... that the... poetic spirit never lies?
i knew the... moment i saw her...
i would write this poem.
it was composed in that moment...
when i... lost my... composure...
staring in... her eyes.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

the I.R.S., kneegrows,and... 10 40's

why I sMILe...