i want to... thank u



i want to say... no... i... need to say...
thank you... to her...
for this... “peace”... of poetry.
immaculately conceived by her... spirit of femininity...
given birth to... by... me.
as she... innocently asked a question.
how do you write your poems?
one moment of thought was all it took.
just as the sun at dawn... lights the horizon...
i... looked... in her eyes and...
the light i saw within them... burned her image into my brain...
and these words upon my soul.
the spirit of creativity... that... universal experience of love...
took... total control.
see... i never claim to write... poetry.
i hold the pen... while the author of all creation...
dictates... to me... then,
i begin to write things like... when... ever i see her sweet... baby... smile...
i get such a rush of energy...
that if... love were a marathon... i would run an... extra mile...
and still set the record time.
i write... because i am inspired... by the beautiful creation...
that is... this... woman... if i don’t put these thoughts on paper...
they will... overwhelm my mind.
so... writing these poems... is the least i can do...
to say... “thank you.... mother... lover... sista... wife...
thank you for the inner... and outer beauty...
i’m constantly seeing... in this life...
the totality of her being.
she... speaks to me in words... unspoken...
saying... “the Most High has made a queen”.
i am no expert in language... but i am sure that’s what...
her... name means.
at least as it has been defined in the mansions of... my mind.
i see in her the... finest... the... rarest... jewel...
that a man seeking love’s treasure... can find. my sista... so fine...
every experience i have with a woman is a... potential poem.
i must give thanks and praise to her.. at this time...
for introducing me to these words of inspiration...
letting me... get to... know them...
i must thank her because... every time i see the... rich... smooth...
color of her skin... I’m reminded of... honey... and... cinnamon...
the delicious flavors of desire... she generates within my flesh...
i’m not... trying to be... fresh... but...
i can’t help wondering if hers... tastes as... sweet... and spicy... as it appears...
pardon me! my... thoughts... wander...
easily distracted by her... i ponder... the possibilities...
of... loving she... still... i must be careful...
i do not squander the... opportunity... before this moment... disappears...
to say... “thank you”... for this... “peace”... of poetry...
see... loving you... is easy cuz your beautiful!

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

the I.R.S., kneegrows,and... 10 40's

why I sMILe...